HISTORY

Citi Trends was first established shortly after World War II as Savannah Wholesale.

Savannah Wholesale sold primarily ladies hosiery and undergarments to mercantile stores throughout the southeast.

Success as wholesalers led to the opening of the first retail store in 1958. The name, Allied Department Stores, was chosen to describe the wide range of merchandise offered and to capitalize on the popularity of the word "Allied" after the war.

Allied grew and developed a loyal following throughout the southeast. In 1978 the company was purchased by a large conglomerate.

When the parent company encountered financial difficulty Allied was sold and became a division of a large privately held retailer. Over the next decade Allied became stagnant and began closing stores.

In 1997, a new management team was brought aboard. Merchandise was updated and refocused and a major portion of the stores were remodeled. To better reflect the excellent value offered the name was changed to Allied Fashion for Less. Results were very encouraging and in April 1999, a management buy-out took place.

In February 2000 the new store format of larger stores with a greater variety of merchandise started to be rolled out under the new name Citi Trends Fashion For Less. All of the old Allied stores have been converted to the new Citi Trends format.

In July, 2001, the Company name was officially changed from Allied Fashion to Citi Trends.

With over 513 stores in 29 states, Citi Trends is still on an aggressive growth track. The over 5,000 associates of Citi Trends are dedicated to carrying out the Company's mission of providing value priced, quality fashion in a clean, well maintained store with a friendly atmosphere.